Driver Needed at Canadian Blood Services
Location: Vancouver, BC, CA, V6H 2N9
Job category: Supply chain and logistics
Job posting ID: 2565
Employment status: Casua
Classification: HEU 180
Salary/Rate of pay: SD15 $24.04
Application deadline: Position posted until filled
This position is open to: Internal and External applicants
Somewhere in Canada there’s a life you can save.
Be part of a dynamic, collaborative and caring organization committed to saving and improving the lives of Canadians. Thousands of Canadians depend on us every day for reliable access to blood, plasma, stem cells and organs and tissues.
Join Canada’s Lifeline and make a meaningful difference every day.
Canadian Blood Services if looking for a Casual Driver to join our dynamic Supply Chain team in Vancouver. Our Drivers do so much more than drive. Our drivers work very closely with our Collections teams and donors – so an aptitude for customer service is imperative! Collaboration, respect and integrity are essential in this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operating and maintaining Canadian Blood Services’ vehicles, transporting blood products, supplies, employees, volunteers, donors and equipment
- Receiving, preparing and shipping packaged blood products/specimens
- As a member of the Collection team, you will be setting up and taking down equipment at mobile donor centres
- Understand and comply with all internal safety work instructions and procedures to ensure safety of our products
- Grade 12 plus one years’ recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Valid class IV (unrestricted) vehicle license
- A minimum of 24 months professional driving experience within the last 3 years.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with others effectively
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Payment in lieu of vacation and holidays
- Defined benefits pension plan
- Employee discounts, wellness programs and much more
Diversity and inclusion play a vital role in ensuring health equity for patients across Canada. We are committed to reflecting Canada’s population in our organization and fostering an environment where all employees can be their authentic selves, with equal opportunities to succeed and contribute.
To protect the health and safety of its employees, all Canadian Blood Services’ employees are required to be fully vaccinated (COVID-19 vaccine doses as approved by Health Canada), subject to any medical or other human rights grounds.
If this role resonates with you, we encourage you to apply! This could be your first step towards a meaningful and inspiring career. Come to work each day knowing that you save lives.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those considered for an interview or those invited to participate in an assessment (such as testing) will be contacted. Applicants who require accommodation should discuss their needs with us.